Security in London
Businesses should not underestimate the value of security companies as ‘A Londoner is likely caught on a security camera over 400 times a day’ according to reports!
Is London Safe? There is a lot of news about crime in London today, so really, how safe is London
London is a historical, multicultural city that has seen a great deal of changes and many risks over the years that have affected businesses. The perception of how safe it is in London is very important, moreover, press reports about the terror threat in London or violent crime in the city do suppress tourism, with visitors being turned off by the idea of traveling to London.
The London Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime Report of 2016 states that “Crime in the capital has fallen dramatically in the last four years. Londoners are safer now than they were in 2012.”
Is London safer than many American cities?
For starters, the overall crime rate in London is much lower than it is in many big American cities, including New York. In fact, In London most of its police don’t even carry guns. Reported 23 Apr 2020
- London has extensive CCTV coverage, maybe more than any other capital city in the world.
- Road closures are in place for events like “the changing of the guard” at Buckingham Palace.
- The UK for sure has faced policing cuts, and the UK does not have a policy of all police officers being armed like in other countries.
According to the UK’s Office for National Statistics, there is a 7% increase in Knife Crime in London so far in 2019.
KEEPING SAFE IN LONDON
Top tips for keeping safe in London:
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Don’t enter premises you are wary of
- Be aware of the nearest emergency exits
- Secure your valuables, including your Mobile
- Avoid public transport at night
- Ensure that you have emergency contact details in your purse or wallet
- Only use Licenced Taxi’s
- Be sure to let someone know of your whereabouts in case of an emergency
Monitor Our News & Updates to Learn New Interesting Facts