The access controller is the professional responsible for, among other functions, organizing entry and exit within a protected environment. Being one of the first barriers against crime, hiring this professional requires care and attention.
Do you know what an access controller does? This is one of the biggest doubts when it comes to private security. And believe me, to ensure your safety and your assets, understanding the role of this professional is essential.
With that in mind, the Firecore Secure team prepared this complete content on the role of the access controller. In this article, you will learn what an access controller does, the ideal professional profile and the right company to hire the service. Follow us on reading.
What does an access controller do?
Access control is one of the foundations of private security. This activity focuses on the preventive part of the service, where actions are taken to prevent criminal action from taking place.
In access control, this is done through a professional, always assisted by modern technologies.
The methods used consist of:
- Control of the movement of personnel in the areas for which the professional is responsible;
- Control of entry and exit of vehicles within the protected location;
- Identifying and combating potentially strange activities in certain locations;
- Referring people to the right places
- Zeal for the quality of services;
- Provision of information, when requested and non-confidential.
The comparison of this professional with the porter is constant, but it does not reflect his real duties. When we think about what an access controller does, it is essential to think about the management of access control as a whole, usually carried out outside the condominium.
Meanwhile, the porter has more administrative functions within the concierge, not restricting the operations that are directed to the security of the place.
Both professionals have an undeniable relevance in the protected place, especially in condominiums. However, in order to really understand what the access controller does, it is essential to disconnect one profession from the other.
The ideal profile of the private security professional in the UK
As important as understanding what a monitoring operator does is understanding the professional’s ideal profile for the job.
Analyzing what an access controller does, it is possible to perceive some characteristics of the good professional. In addition, Firecore Secure’s Human Resources team assisted in the construction of this content and revealed what is required for the access controller to be part of our winning team:
- Commitment to your role even in critical situations;
- Physical and psychological preparation for constant pressure work;
- Knowledge of private security technologies in the UK;
- Ease of communicating with the public;
- Ethics in the protection of confidential information;
- And analytical thinking in the identification of dangerous situations.
The access controller that unites all these characteristics is the ideal professional to perform the function. This is the profile that Firecore Secure seeks to offer the best of private security in the UK.
Now that you know what an access controller does, it’s time to take advantage of each of its benefits.
And only the company that guided you to this knowledge is able to offer the real potential of a qualified professional.
This is having confidence in the work done.
Then, the Firecore Secure team invites you to get in touch. Find out in detail how the hiring of the access controller for your private security system works.